Gun Pics!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Bcamos, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

....this is closer to the truth than any other speculation I have seen so far... :D :D

2. stickman

stickman Member

3. ny700

ny700 Member

D819B37D-D24E-4050-B184-A41A9B0DCC89.jpeg Ok so this finally came in. Got held up with USPS for like week somewhere, but it arrived.

This is the now discontinued Crosman MAR177. Lother Walther match barrel in .177. It’s PCP to 3000psi. My understanding is I should get about 150 rounds off a full

I wanted the A2 iron sights to match my national match rifle so I’m going to have to eventually get those on here

The PCP upper mates to any milspec lower which in this case is an aero prossision billet lower with a milazio Krieger national match 2 stage trigger at 4.5lbs

My hope is that at night I can carve out 15minutes to practice some offhand shooting at 10m in my garage

Bcamos, The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  4. stickman

stickman Member

Bunch of stuff I had laying around the Stick compound.

Rainier Arms billet lower

CMT billet upper

Centurion Arms CMR rail

BCM stock and grip

Rainier Arms BCG

Reject barrel that was returned to Rainier Arms because it wasn't accurate enough. It shoots under 1" groups for me at 100 yards. I've turned in .6" 5 groups with it.

Wilson Combat TTU trigger.

Radian Raptor Charging Handle and selectors

The optic is a Trijicon RMR. While I wanted to use a scope on this, the balance is so good that a scope ruined the feel so I went with the RMR. I'll never hit the accuracy potential with using the RMR, but I don't care. When I'm out in the mountains I only need to look out for tweakers and rabid foaming at the mouth beasts or zombies. The RMR will work well enough, and it isn't like this is a primary use carbine anyway.

Bcamos, The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  5. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

That's ******* awesome!

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  6. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Damn, your spare parts are better than my "high end" build lol.

What's the best "budget" trigger you'd suggest? I know Geissele has the G2S around $165 which would be right at the top of any budget I could afford. But being significantly cheaper than the rest of the Geissele line-up, is there a compromise made that would steer you away from that trigger? I guess what I'm asking is, would the top tier of another brand (ALG, Ruger Elite, CMC's single stage, etc.) be better than the bottom rung Geissele? Or does Geissele pedigree outshine the other brand regardless?

I'm also not sure if I want a 2-stage or stick with single. I'm currently using just basic Milspec triggers in both of my AR's with a light polish job and JT springs. For the price, they're acceptable, but there's a lot of want left over. I really LOVE the Apex triggers in my M&Ps as they kind of work like a 2-stage and I've found that I prefer that type of handgun trigger over something like a 1911 crisp single. So maybe going 2-stage in my "precision" AR is worth it?

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  7. Benson X

Benson X Member

8. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

;) I see you're also a fan of the Surefire ProComp!

The Marsh Gorilla and Benson X like this.
  9. Benson X

Benson X Member

10. Joe Marino

Joe Marino Member

Only comes in magnum size

Attached Files:

Zeek likes this.
  11. stickman

stickman Member

I am pretty well taken care of by the manufacturers in the weapon community, especially the AR15 world.

Geissele is pretty tough to beat. The CMC triggers are very nice, but if you are looking for a two stage trigger there are two that come to mind. First, is the Geissele, second is the Wilson Combat TTU (in the two stage version).

When the Wilson Combat TTU first came out, I did some testing for Army Times and dropped the hammer 10,000 times to see if the TTU would slip, glitch, fail, or end up with a different feel. I've had other two stage triggers go bad in less than a full mag. The Wilson Combat TTU had zero issues, it really is great.

With the above out of the way, I am a fan of a very clean, slightly heavy trigger. I don't mean that I like a 12lb pull, but I'm not looking for a 2.5lb pull like a lot of guys seem to want. A 5 or 6lb, or possibly a tad more is fine for me if it is a clean trigger. When it comes to my duty weapon, I use a Geissele SSA trigger and it has done everything I want. I have zero complaints.

When it comes to the Geissele triggers, if the G2S reads like it is something that fills your needs, I would get it without concern.

12. stickman

stickman Member

13. ArguableLobster

ArguableLobster Member

[​IMG]

Picked this up at the local pawn shop. payed 200, did I get a good deal?

14. Zeek

Zeek Member

Are you a dog??? :confused:

15. SC864

SC864 Member

Looks to me like the cats are in trouble now ! Go ahead climb a tree , see what happens ...

16. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

17. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Let's see, a camo'd Daisy Red Ryder with red dot and light, that your dog took a picture of? Priceless!

18. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

#ghettoblaster

EB6933B9-3C48-4B56-81E1-4C676FB8CCCF.jpeg

TWBryan, IW17, Zeek and 3 others like this.
  19. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Awesome, thank you for the input!

20. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member