Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. IW17

IW17 Member

2. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

The Fam and I adopted a chocolate Lab puppy a few months back. He is now almost 6 months old. He digs in the dirt, rolls in the grass and plays in mud... weirdest thing thou is he has HATED water! We are talking if it is raining he will pee and poop on our patio instead of going out in the rain to the grass. Strange Strange dog... WTH!

Strigidae, Drew RedBear and Bushman5 like this.
  3. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

We had a dog like that years ago. She was a stray but we think she was part yellow lab. Sweetest dog but if you tried to give her a bath or run the hose on her to clean her she would yelp loud like we were beating her. The same goes for the rain, she would not go out in it. One day I had a job orientation and I had to walk to it, it was a good 2 mile walk, she followed me the whole way there and even went inside the place lol. I got her out but when the orientation was over I looked for her but never found her.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  4. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

So ebay still has a hold on some funds in my PayPal, so I go and check to see if they have a date for release. I'm pretty sure they should've been released already according to the date provided... Lmao 20180919_022646.jpg

Bushman5, Strigidae and RocketmanDane like this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

So moving had been pushed back a couple weeks, but in the meantime the new owners of this place decided they're going to renovate the whole place, which is good and honestly way over due. However, we need to move rooms in two days which means I have to move before I move again. Ugh!! I tried to explain to them but since my roommate is staying, it's just as well.
    When I finally do move though, I'm going from a state that allows conceal carry without a permit to a state where I'll need a permit. That's not such a big deal but I have to wait 6 months (from what I read) in order to apply for one. Then I need to order 10 round magazines for my pistol because California wants to be stupid and not allow more than a 10 rd mag. Like 2 more is going to make a big difference. At least I can carry a knife (fixed blade) of any size, openly only though.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

nosy neighbors! :mad:

do not follow me inside my apt unless I invite you....quit trying to peer inside. o_O

Zeek, RocketmanDane and Drew RedBear like this.
  7. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

We're in a nightly room and have been for over a year and a half (we live in a weekly motel) and this is the room they are putting us in. Like wtf? We pay rent on time, we keep to ourselves, and we don't cause any issues. It won't matter to me as I won't be there long, but this is just wrong! 20180919_150821.jpg 20180919_150827.jpg 20180919_150829.jpg 20180919_150834.jpg 20180919_150845.jpg 20180919_150917.jpg 20180919_151036.jpg 20180919_154729.jpg 20180919_154732.jpg 20180919_154736.jpg 20180919_152437.jpg

8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Know the feeling man. That happens here all the time and then they get mad because they don't get their way and we're supposed to cater to them. Always asking to bum smokes or other crap. Like get a job and a friggin life.

Bushman5 likes this.
  9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I really hate drivers that are on their cell phones.:mad:

witnessed a hit and run this afternoon at work, while on the road. POS on his cell blew a crosswalk and sent a guys pitbull flying 60+ feet into oncoming traffic, spun it big time. Snapped the leash in half. Almost hit the pedestrian too. Driver took off into ONCOMING traffic, swerved into a side lane and took off.

The dog tried to move in panic but its right rear leg was flopping around 360 degrees at the knee joint and the hip was visibly damaged and bowed out about 30 degrees

Owner scooped the dog up and ran across 3 lanes of traffic (partially stopped) and lay the dog down on the side walk. Owner was shrieking in panic and grief. Couple people held him back from the dog. I parked my rig and ran across to check on the dog

I was apprehensive about doing an assessment/ first aid on a 50+ lb pitbull that was injured and snarling and biting but that doggo just melted as I spoke to it softly and petted its head. Its heart rate was racing, I could feel it hammering thru its chest

, after i cupped his head and spoke to dog and petted it, his heart rate dropped and the dog just started licking me slowly, never took its eyes off me. I checked for other breakages, listed to his breathing etc. Spine was fine, ribs were fine other legs were fine. The broken rear leg at the knee was a write off, the knee and upper leg bones were shattered in multiple pieces,lower leg bones were broken in about 7 places. Got a lil nip when i checked the leg.....enough to bruise my hand but i petted the dog and he relaxed,

. Hip on the strike side felt completely off....there was a gap in the hip bone on the strike side , totally different from the left hip. Cuts , contusions, fur scraped off from spinning on asphalt, torn gums, bruise over eye, teeth were fine, there was tooth punctures in the mouth flaps, nose was skinned a bit.

i was amazed the pitbull relaxed in my hands, let me touch and probe and poke it all over, just laid its head in my arm and licked me. Big wide eyes. Most likely going into shock, but i like to think the dog recognized I was helping it, even though it was in excruciating pain and probably wanted to snap and snarl

Some total stranger gave the owner and the dog a ride to the 24 hour vet nearby. We wrapped pitty in towels some one brought out from a house and by this time the owner had calmed down. I thought i would be doing first aid on him, when I first touched his wrist after he brought the dog to the curb, and I spoke to him, his heart was hammering so fast i thought he was going to need an ambulance.

people piss me off. Special place in hell for that person that hit this dog.

Going to stop by the vet tomorrow and see how pitty is doing.

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

thats messed up. Sorry your going thru that.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  11. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Thanks man. Unfortunately these motels don't have to conform to the legal "72 hours to fix" law, unless it's something major like an ac unit or plumbing.

That idiot who hit the poor pit is worse though. I hope he pulls through and with a speedy recovery

Bushman5 likes this.
  12. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Pitty not doing so good. Hip bone is severely damaged. Dog will most likely lose the lower leg as well.

i feel so bad for that lil doggo. The look in its eyes haunts me.

I put up a Craigslist post last night, looking for witnesses. Already have one reply.

Reno Lewis, Drew RedBear and Zeek like this.
  13. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

My one year old deuces in the bathtub about once a week.

Really getting old.

Strigidae, RocketmanDane and Bushman5 like this.
  14. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

hahahaha, sorry.......but WTH? serious?

15. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Kids man.

I took a picture to send to friends that also have young kids.
    Why not.

Delkancott and Bushman5 like this.
  16. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

no thanks........o_O

17. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

PM inbound!!!

Haha, just kidding.

18. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Had to hit my spot one last time before heading to Cali. It's a nice 65 degrees and it is drizzling a bit but it'll pass. It's so good to get out finally! On a sour note though, it's the first time I've driven my car in over 6 months, I let my roommate drive it for work and errands, and getting in it I noticed a few things. One the drivers door panel is broke off, there's crumbs/grease/soda everywhere, the over head light switch is broke, there's a huge crack in the back bumper, and the passenger outside side door panel is missing. I asked her about it and the only thing she said is that was all like that before. What the F???? My car was in near mint condition when I bought it and now it's a friggin hooptie ...

I really need to be here right now and calm down.... 20180922_133810.jpg 20180922_133816.jpg

Hammer, Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  19. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

It was so good to get out!!! Well @shaneadams90 said to practice my feather sticking and I did lol. Not the best but not too bad I don't think. 20180922_142536.jpg 20180922_142900.jpg 20180922_150610.jpg 20180922_150811.jpg 20180922_182314.jpg 20180922_182323.jpg 20180922_182327.jpg

20. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Well done....

Glad you got out!! Feather sticks are looking better!

Drew RedBear likes this.